Tuesday 21 April 2015

I'm back. Maybe.

Gosh. It HAS been a while.

I didn't make a deliberate decision to stop writing this blog, but that's sort of what seems to have happened. Life got in the way, I guess, and by life I mainly mean work.

More specifically, I mean becoming a full-time freelancer again. It has been much easier this time around, which is both good and bad news; the good news is that I haven't been short of work, and I've had chances to do all sorts of things I hadn't expected to find myself doing.  The bad news is that it hasn't left me with much time for anything else.

It's not just here I haven't been writing; the short story collection I had planned to finish last year is still a work in (very slow) progress, and I made a foolhardy attempt to embark on a NaNoWriMo project  back in November, but gave up  - for the first time ever -  within the first week.

And of course it's easy, once you've stopped doing something, to keep not doing it.  A few days of not doing something turn into a week, and weeks turn into months, and suddenly it's a year between blog posts, and you're not entirely sure how it happened.

So this is me trying not to stop. Or, more to the point, trying to start again.  Let's see how it goes.




3 comments:

  1. Good luck. I think I'll start following your blog, just to apply some pressure.

    Got here looking up why someone would notice that Ohio shared no letters with mackerel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. I think I'll start following your blog, just to apply some pressure.

    Got here looking up why someone would notice that Ohio shared no letters with mackerel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah.....the great mackerel mystery! I'm still none the wiser I'm afraid.

    And a bit of pressure is exactly what I need - thank you!

    ReplyDelete